The last time I was at Bagoong Club however, I ordered pinakbet while my Dutch dinner companion got binagoongang baboy (which he ate all by himself). I just feel that kare-kare is a you-hate-it-or-you-love-it dish and I didn't want to impose my taste on anyone, no matter how much they claim to love Filipino cuisine unconditionally.
Kare-kare and I have a special one-way love affair, with me pining for it with a burning gastronomic desire. I always look for it at parties, fiestas, and Filipino restaurants. So intense is my passion for kare-kare that I am also in a continuing search of a trusted handed-down family recipe so that I can learn to make it from scratch and share it to the whole world.
Last Day 13
| Whatever its origins-- Kapampangan, Malayan, or Indian-- kare-kare is definitely a staple on the Filipino dining table. (All-Vegetable Kare-kare) |
![]() |
| Also starring: green mango shake, singkamas with bagoong, and bagoong rice. |

No comments:
Post a Comment